"Internationally renowned." - Client Testimonial, Who's Who Legal
Gordon Goodman* is a partner in the firm’s Financial Services Group. He focuses on providing corporate and regulatory advice to insurance clients, including advice with respect to corporate governance, transactions, licensing and other regulatory matters. Gordon’s clients include life and general insurance companies, insurance agents and brokers, reinsurance companies and other financial services clients.
Gordon’s practice involves mergers and acquisitions, portfolio transfers, demutualization, corporate reorganizations, formation of insurers, federal and provincial licensing, corporate governance, compliance matters and working with regulators. Gordon regularly provides advice on insurance policies, reinsurance contracts and other types of agreements, and assists clients with product development and distribution issues. He has also advised insurance clients in connection with the establishment and operation of captive insurers, reciprocal insurance exchanges and other risk retention and transfer structures.
Gordon has also acted as a director of both life and general insurance companies and as an audit and conduct review committee member.
- "Gord is extremely knowledgeable, able to break down complex concepts into actionable items and capable of turning around opinions at a moment's notice." – Chambers Canada (Insurance)
- "Internationally renowned." – Who's Who Legal (Insurance)
- "He is very calm, and in a complicated transaction he keeps everything in perspective." – Chambers Canada (Insurance)
- “He has a great style and can always find solutions to problems based on his experience and knowledge.” – Chambers Canada (Insurance)
*denotes Professional Corporation
- Chambers Canada 2016–2018 (Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory)
- Martindale-Hubbell, BV Distinguished™ rating
- The Best Lawyers in Canada 2015–2018 (Banking and Finance Law)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2014–2017 (Financial Institutions Regulation - Ontario)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2011–2017 (Insurance & Reinsurance)
- The International Who's Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers
- Legal Media Group Guide to the World's Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association