Eva Bellissimo* is a partner in the Mergers & Acquisitions and Securities Groups at Cassels Brock. In her M&A practice, Eva acts for bidders, target companies and special committees, assisting such clients in developing strategy and executing a variety of transactions including arrangements, going-private transactions, take over bids and other business combinations. In her corporate finance practice, Eva regularly advises issuers and investment banks in a variety of industries including mining, technology,and retail on public equity offerings, convertible debt transactions, initial public offerings, private equity transactions and strategic investments. Eva has also led issuers through proxy contests and advised with respect to activist shareholder actions.
Eva lectures on mining corporate finance at Western University Law School and is the Chair of the Advisory Council for the DAN Management Program at Western University. She Chairs the firm's Professional Excellence Committee, which has responsibilities for associate development and compensation. Eva is also a founding member of the firm's Diversity Committee.
Select transactions which Eva has advised on include:
- Acting on behalf of Canadian Tire Corporation, Limited in connection with its MTN program and the filing of a shelf prospectus providing for the issuance of up to $750 million of medium term notes
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of dealers led by BMO Nesbitt Burns Inc. in connection with the filing of a shelf prospectus establishing an MTN program and providing for the issuance of up to $3.5 billion of medium term notes of American Express Canada Credit Corporation
- Acting on behalf of Kirkland Lake Gold Inc. in connection with its $1.2 billion business combination with Newmarket Gold Inc.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of agents co-led by Scotia Capital Inc. and Haywood Securities Inc. in connection with a public offering of $65 million of common shares of Altius Minerals Corporation the proceeds of which were used to fund a portion of a $500 million royalty acquisition
- Acting on behalf of Buffalo Coal Corp. in connection with a number of strategic convertible debt investments by Resource Capital Funds V L.P.
- Acting on behalf of Alderon Iron Ore Corp. in connection with a number of convertible loan investments by Liberty Metals & Mining Holdings, LLC.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of underwriters led by Cormark Securities Inc. and GMP Securities L.P. in connection with a $109 million initial public offering of common shares of Teranga Gold Corporation following the $600 million spin-off of the Sabodala gold project from Mineral Deposits Limited to Teranga
- Acting on behalf of Franco-Nevada Corporation in connection with a $370 million public offering of units
- Acting on behalf of Consolidated Thompson Iron Mines Limited in connection with a $240 million strategic investment by Minerals Corporation Limited of Wuhan Iron and Steel (WISCO)
- Acting on behalf of RB Energy Inc. in connection with its $250 million business combination with Sirocco Mining Inc.
- Acting on behalf of Western Goldfields Inc. in connection with its $315 million business combination with New Gold Inc.
- Acting on behalf of Lundin Mining Corporation in connection with its business combination with EuroZinc Mining Corporation
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of agents led by Dundee Securities Ltd. in connection with a private placement of subscription receipts of Imperus Technologies Corp.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of agents co-led by Dundee Securities Ltd., Clarus Securities Inc., GMP Securities L.P. and Canaccord Genuity Corp. in connection with a private placement of subscription receipts of Bitgold Inc.
- Acting on behalf of Canaccord Genuity Corp. in connection with a private placement of preferred share units of EcoSynthetix Inc.
- Acting on behalf of a syndicate of underwriters led by Cormark Securities Inc. in connection with a public offering of units of iseemedia Inc.
*denotes Professional Corporation
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2017 (Mining)
- Lexpert Guide to the Leading US/Canada Cross-Border Corporate Lawyers in Canada 2015 ("Corporate Lawyer to Watch")
- Lexpert Special Edition - Global Leaders in Mining 2017
- Lexpert's Rising Stars: Leading Lawyers Under 40 (2014)
- Advisory Council for the DAN Management and Organizational Studies program at Western University
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Women in Capital Markets
- Women's Executive Network