Erin Craddock's practice focuses on insolvency law and complex commercial litigation. She frequently represents clients in cross-border disputes in both restructuring proceedings and commercial litigation. Erin has represented or assisted in the representation of clients before all levels of Court including the Supreme Court of Canada, the Ontario Court of Appeal, and the Superior Court of Justice. Prior to joining Cassels, Erin represented clients before the US Federal Courts for the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, as well as New York state courts.
Erin’s experience includes:
- Representing trustees or receivers in the following recent matters: Banners Broker International Limited, NexInnovations, Kappeler Masonry
- An appeal before the Court of Appeal for Ontario and the Supreme Court of Canada involving constitutional and aboriginal law principles, and the interpretation of a First Nations treaty
- Representing an issuer in a successful action ($16 million judgment) against an underwriter for breach of contract following a failed bought deal
- Assisting in the representation of financial institutions in chapter 11 proceedings including Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and Washington Mutual Inc.
- Member of the trial team representing a foreign corporation in the largest U.S. securities class action to ever proceed to trial
Erin is also actively involved in pro bono work with Pro Bono Law Help Ontario, and volunteers with the OBA’s Law Day which teaches Ontario students about the Charter.
- The Advocates' Society
- American Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Volunteer, Pro Bono Law Help Ontario
- Volunteer, Ontario Bar Association’s Law Day (which teaches Ontario students about the Charter of Rights and Freedoms)