David Budd* is a partner in both our Toronto and Vancouver offices. David is a member of our Financial Services Group and the Mining, Equipment and Asset Financing and Sports industry groups. As a member of the Mining group, David has worked extensively with both lenders and resource companies in the mining sector on a variety of unsecured and senior secured debt facilities (including acquisition and project finance). David acts regularly for both lenders and borrowers on both domestic and multi-jurisdictional transactions with an emphasis on corporate credit facilities and acquisition and project finance matters, including the financing of mines, hotels and other real property developments.
David also has extensive experience in sports related law having provided advice with respect to the acquisition and financing of professional sports franchises. In addition, he has experience with respect to financing (both as counsel to lenders and borrowers) across a broad range of industries including retail, retirement lifestyle, transportation, recycling and waste management, financial services and hospitality. David is a member of the firm’s Executive Committee and is a past deputy chair of the Financial Services Group.
A few of his recent notable projects include:
- Acting for Tahoe Resources in connection with their $50 million secured credit facility
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. in connection with its US $1 billion term credit facility
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. in connection with its $1 billion revolving credit facility
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. in connection with its US $1.5 billion bridge facility
- Acting for Luna Gold Corp. in connection with its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for Allied Nevada Gold Corp. in connection with its revolving credit facility
- Acting for Goldcorp Inc. in its $2 billion senior credit facility
- Acting for Lundin Mining in its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for New Gold Inc. in its senior secured credit facility
- Acting for Silver Wheaton Corp. with respect to certain streaming projects, including the Hudbay Minerals’ 777 Mine and Constancia projects
- Acting for National Bank of Canada (as Administrative Agent) and lending syndicate with respect to a $200 million senior unsecured credit facility for Algonquin Power Co.
- Acting for Ottawa Senators Hockey Club with respect to senior and subordinate financing of the NHL Team and Canadian Tire Centre
- Acting for the Administrative Agent and syndicate with respect to a $150 million project financing for the construction of a luxury hotel
- Acting for the Federal Government of Canada, through Industry Canada, in connection with the restructuring of General Motors
*denotes Law Corporation
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2016-2017 (Asset Equipment Finance/Leasing)
- Who's Who Legal: Canada 2013-2014 & 2016 (Sports & Entertainment)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Commercial Finance & Leasing Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles