Daniel Cipollone is an associate in our Financial Services Group. His practice focuses on corporate and commercial financing matters and mergers and acquisitions, representing both lenders and borrowers engaged in domestic and cross-border lending transactions and corporate reorganizations.
Prior to joining Cassels Brock, Daniel summered, articled and was an associate with an international, full-service law firm and was seconded to the Ontario Securities Commission.
Daniel received his J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School and his M.B.A. from the Schulich School of Business in 2014. Daniel received his Bachelor of Arts (Hons.) from York University. During his studies, he received several academic awards, including the J.D./M.B.A. Hennick Scholars Award for academic excellence.
- An ad hoc committee of debtholders in connection with a recapitalization transaction involving the exchange of approximately US$404 million of secured debt for common shares of the reorganized company and US$75 million in take-back debt pursuant to a new secured credit facility. The transaction was implemented pursuant to a plan of arrangement under the Canada Business Corporations Act.
- Fiera Capital in connection with various financing transactions
- IBI Group (TSX: IBG) in connection with its $130 million syndicated credit facility and $30 million bid bond credit facility
- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd., the largest first lien debtholder, in the $600 million recapitalization of Postmedia Network Inc. (PNI) pursuant to the Canada Business Corporations Act, including significant amendments to PNI's outstanding 8.25% senior secured notes and the paydown of approximately $78 million of the First Lien Notes
- Stantec Inc. (TSX: STN; NYSE: STN) in connection with its $1.25 billion credit facilities to finance, in part, the successful acquisition of MWH Global, Inc. for approximately US$793 million
- TerraPro Group Inc., an Alberta-based provider of environmental, terrain protection and remote access solutions, in its reorganization pursuant to a plan of arrangement and concurrent refinancing
- Canso Investment Counsel Ltd. in the refinancing of Tuckamore Capital Management Inc., through the issuance by Tuckamore to the investors, on a private placement basis, of 8% Senior Secured Debentures due 2026 in an aggregate principal amount of $176.2 million, as well as the issuance of 10% Second Lien Secured Convertible Debentures due 2026 in an aggregate principal amount of $35 million
- A syndicate of underwriters co-led by Canaccord Genuity Corp. and National Bank Financial Inc. in a bought deal short form prospectus offering in Canada and private placement in the US of 56,465,000 common shares by Yamana Gold Inc. for gross proceeds of approximately $300 million
- VimpelCom Ltd. in its sale process and disposition of their debt and equity interests in the Globalive group of companies in Canada, including Globalive Wireless Management Corp. (WIND Mobile), including the forgiveness or sale of approximately $2 billion of debt owed by WIND Mobile and the sale of their equity interests in WIND Mobile for approximately $130 million
- Law Society of Upper Canada
- JD/MBA Alumni Association for Osgoode Hall Law School and the Schulich School of Business (Board Member)