Chuck Rich is a partner in the Financial Services Group. His practice focuses on secured and unsecured loan transactions and debt restructurings. Chuck offers expertise in corporate and commercial lending, including syndicated financings, asset based lending, subscription financings, cross-border transactions, receivables financing, acquisition and development financing, special project financings (including trusts, partnership and limited partnerships), and scientific research and experimental development financing.
Chuck acts for a number of domestic banks, as well as many foreign financial institutions. In addition, Chuck acts as Canadian Counsel to numerous foreign law firms and corporations.
Chuck's practice also includes security enforcement, workouts and insolvency/debt restructurings for financial institution and corporate clients.
- Real Matters Inc.: Advising one of North America’s fastest-growing, most innovative technology companies and 2015 winner in of the prestigious Deloitte Technology Fast 50™ Leadership Award, in relation to the raise of C$100 million equity financing through a private placement of subscription receipts for Class A Shares to existing and new shareholders and issuance of equity in relation to an acquisition, in conjunction with a secondary offering by certain existing shareholders and an increase in its borrowing facilities
- HSBC Bank Canada: Advising as administrative agent and the lenders on a US$510 million syndicated financing to Spin Master Ltd. and its subsidiaries in France, Hong Kong, Luxembourg, Mexico, United Kingdom and the United States
- IBI Group Inc.: Advising the issuer on its offering of C$46 million principal amount of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures on a bought deal basis to a syndicate of underwriters
- Canadian Chartered Bank: Advising the bank on a US$500 million uncommitted cross border financing to provide liquidity to a US public company
- Comerica Bank: Advising the bank on a SR&ED-based revolving credit facility for an IT application provider to support their working capital requirements
- Canadian Chartered Bank: Advising the bank as Administrative Agent on C$100 million cross-border amended and restated credit facilities to assist a transportation company to fund its acquisition of motor vehicles in Canada and the Unites States
- IBI Group: Advising in connection with this global architecture, planning, engineering and technology firm’s syndicated credit facility and convertible debt issuance
- Siena Lending Group LLC: Advising this commercial finance company on a US$25 million cross-border three-year asset-based revolving credit facility for D&M Holdings US, Inc. and D&M Canada, Inc.
- Bank of Montreal: Advising the bank on a C$34 million amended and restated credit facility in favour of StorageVault Canada Inc. to assist with the financing of portable storage containers and related assets
- Strongco Corporation: Advising this major multiline mobile equipment dealer on its C$35 million cross-border amended and restated credit facilities with HSBC Bank Canada
- Best Lawyers in Canada (Asset-Based Lending; Banking and Finance Law)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Banking & Financial Institutions)
- The Legal 500 Canada (Banking and Finance)
- Member, Canadian Bar Association