Cathy L. Mercer
Cathy Mercer practises in the area of corporate and commercial law with a strong emphasis on mining law, mergers and acquisitions and the servicing of public companies and general securities work.
She has extensive knowledge in drafting and negotiating mining royalty agreements, option agreements and joint venture agreements. Cathy has also been engaged in transactions involving the debt financing of companies whose mines are on the verge of commercial production. In addition, she assists public companies in their compliance with the Securities Act, Ontario and the rules of The Toronto Stock Exchange, including corporate governance and stock option issues. Cathy has been involved in numerous reverse takeover and "shell" transactions, as well as the listing of public companies.
Some of Cathy's related work experience includes:
- Katanga Mining Limited's exercise of option to acquire interest in Kamoto Joint Venture and graduation to Toronto Stock Exchange from TSX Venture Exchange
- International Uranium Corporation's merger with Denison Mines Inc. to form Denison Mines Corp.
- Tenke Mining Corporation's option agreement with CVRD (Companhia Vale do Rio Doce)
- Lundin Mining Corp.'s acquisition of interest in Ozernoe Project, Russia
- Kinross Gold Corp.'s sale of Blanket Mine, Zimbabwe
- Kinross Gold Corp.'s sale of Aquarius Project, Ontario
- Rio Narcea Gold Mines, Ltd.'s project financing of Tasiast Gold Project in Mauritania, West Africa
Cathy is fluent in written and spoken English and French.
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2012 (Mining)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory 2011 (Mining)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Toronto Lawyers Association