"An expert lawyer in the field of insurance" - Client Testimonial, Who's Who Legal
Brian Reeve* is a partner in the Financial Services Group and the Corporate and Regulatory Insurance Group, focusing on the regulation and corporate governance of insurance companies.
Brian has been a special advisor to both the Ontario and Federal Ministries of Finance on insurance matters. Brian has served on the boards of several Canadian insurance companies, as well as being the Chief Agent in Canada for a number of foreign insurers. He has frequently spoken and published papers on various matters relating to insurance and corporate law.
Brian's clients include property and casualty insurers, life insurers, reinsurers and insurance brokers. He has also advised on the formation of captive insurance companies as well as various types of self-insured and risk retention structures.
Brian's practice involves a variety of different types of work, including mergers and acquisitions, licensing of foreign insurers in Canada, distribution issues and product development.
- "He lives and breathes insurance, has got connections around the world and is a very strategic adviser." – Chambers Canada (Insurance)
- "Brian's strength is his understanding and experience in dealings with the federal regulator." – Chambers Canada (Insurance)
- "An expert lawyer in the field of insurance" – Who's Who Legal (Insurance)
- “Clients say that his ‘regulatory knowledge is extraordinary’ and agree that he ‘knows so much about this space.’” – Chambers Canada (Insurance)
*denotes Professional Corporation
- Chambers Canada (Insurance: Transactional & Regulatory)
- Canadian Legal Lexpert Directory (Financial Institutions Regulation - Ontario)
- Martindale-Hubbell, Distinguished™ rating
- Who's Who Legal: Canada (Insurance & Reinsurance – "Most Highly Regarded Individual" in 2015)
- The International Who's Who of Insurance & Reinsurance Lawyers
- The Best Lawyers in Canada (Insurance Law)
- Legal Media Group Guide to the World’s Leading Insurance and Reinsurance Lawyers
- Canadian Bar Association
- Federation of Regulatory Counsel
- Ontario Bar Association
- Echelon Financial Holdings (Board of Directors)