Andrea FitzGerald is a partner in the Securities Group and the Mining Group at Cassels Brock. She practices in the area of corporate and securities law with an emphasis on corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions, representing companies as well as investment dealers.
Andrea has extensive experience representing Canadian and international mining companies in domestic and cross-border public offerings, private placements, business combinations, take-over bids and stock exchange listings. She also regularly advises on securities regulatory compliance matters, with particular expertise in mineral project disclosure. Andrea also has experience advising boards of directors on corporate governance and securities law compliance.
Andrea lectures on mining corporate finance at Western University Law School, and has also lectured in Latin America on North American capital markets.
Some of Andrea's representative transactions include:
- Representing MMX Mineração e Metàlicos SA in connection with its listing of global depositary receipts on the TSX, which is the first Brazilian company to have securities listed on the Exchange
- Representing Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with a $200 million public equity offering
- Representing Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with its respective acquisitions of RNC Gold Inc. and Desert Sun Mining Corporation, having a combined purchase price of approximately US$1.2 billion
- Representing Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with a $130 million bought deal public equity offering
- Representing Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with the early exercise of its TSX and AMEX listed common share purchase warrants, which was the first early exercise of warrants transaction in Canada
- Representing Yamana Gold Inc. in connection with its listing of common shares on the London Stock Exchange