As a member of Cassels Brock’s Securities Group and Mining Group, André Boivin’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law, mostly for public mining companies. André is one of our top experts on National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects. He has been involved in numerous equity financing transactions and advises many public companies on a daily basis with respect to regulatory compliance and governance matters. André has also been involved in various mergers and acquisitions and other significant strategic transactions, including, for example, acting as our team leader in the acquisition by New Gold Inc. of the Blackwater Gold Project located in British Columbia, through New Gold’s acquisition of Richfield Ventures Corp., Silver Quest Resources Ltd. and Geo Minerals Ltd.
André's transactional experience includes playing a key role in representing:
- Allana Potash Corp. in its $20 million public offering
- Luna Gold Corp. in the sale of its Cachoeira Project to Brazil Resources
- New Gold Inc. in its acquisition of Silver Quest Resources Ltd.
- New Gold Inc. in its acquisition of Geo Minerals Ltd.
- New Gold Inc. in its $550 million acquisition of Richfield Ventures Corp.
- Consolidated Thomson Iron Mines in its US$230 million financing of convertible unsecured subordinated debentures
- Sulliden Gold Corporation in public offerings aggregating $55 million
- Dundee Precious Metals in connection with the sale of its Timok and Potoj Cuka Gold Projects in Serbia
- Avion Gold Corporation in public offerings aggregating approximately $150 million
- Allied Nevada Gold in two cross-border public offerings aggregating $383.5 million
- Dundee Precious Metals in various significant public offerings
- Luna Gold in its $39.35 million prospectus offering and South American private placement
- Crocodile Gold in a $29 million bought deal
- Crocodile Gold in its RTO $136 million business combination with Franc-Or Resources
- Western Goldfields in a $1.2 billion business combination with New Gold
- Central Sun in a business combination with B2Gold Corp.
- Franco-Nevada in its $370 million unit financing
- Kinross Gold Corporation in its three-way cross-border $3.5 billion business combination with TVX Gold Inc. and Echo Bay Mines Ltd.
Biographie en français
- Barreau du Québec
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association