Alexis is an associate in our Securities Group. Prior to joining Cassels Brock as an associate, she was an articling student at the firm. Alexis represents public companies and investment dealers in various transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, public offerings and private placements. Her practice also includes advising issuers on general corporate and securities law matters. Alexis represents clients in a variety of industries including mining, technology and gaming.
Alexis’ experience includes:
- Acting for Tahoe Resources Inc. in its $1.3 billion plan of arrangement with Rio Alto Mining Ltd.
- Acting for The Intertain Group Limited in its €44.5 million acquisition of Dumarca Holdings PLC
- Representing Dundee Corporation in its $45.5 million plan of arrangement with 360 VOX Corporation
- Acting for Goldcorp Inc. in its $2.6 billion hostile take-over bid for Osisko Mining Corporation
- Representing Hecla Mining Company in its $796 million plan of arrangement with Aurizon Mining Ltd.
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters, co-led by Mackie Research Capital Corporation and PI Financial Corp., in connection with a $70.6 million equity financing of Nobilis Health Corp.
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters, co-led by National Bank Financial Inc. and Haywood Securities Inc., in connection with a $13.8 million equity financing of Grenville Strategic Royalty Corp.
- Representing The Intertain Group Limited in a $438 million equity financing
- Acting for Torex Gold Resources Inc. in its $143 million bought deal offering
Alexis is a graduate of the J.D. program at Northeastern University School Law School. During her time at law school, Alexis worked with the Chief Justice of the Wisconsin Supreme Court, New York City’s Jazz at Lincoln Center and a large national firm in Ottawa. She was also a member of the Law Journal and the International Law Society.
- American Bar Association
- New York Bar Association
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association