Alex Iliopoulos is a partner at Cassels Brock practising securities and corporate law, with an emphasis on corporate finance transactions and mergers and acquisitions. She is also the Deputy Chair of the firm's Securities Group.
Alex has experience representing a broad range of issuers and investment dealers on a variety of corporate finance transactions, including private placements and public offerings. She regularly advises companies on general corporate and securities law matters including stock exchange listings, governance matters and regulatory compliance issues.
Alex has been involved in various mergers and acquisitions as evidenced by her involvement in the following transactions:
- Representing Silver Wheaton Corp. in its $1.9 billion gold purchase agreements with Vale S.A.
- Representing Sprott Power Corp. in its $33 million acquisition of Shear Wind Inc.
- Representing Lake Share Gold Corp. in its $320 million acquisition of West Timmins Mining Inc.
- Representing Golf Town Income Fund in connection with Omers Capital Partners Inc.'s $215 million acquisition of Golf Town
- Representing Rockwater Capital Corporation in connection with CI Financial Income Funds $250 million acquisition of Rockwater
Alex represents clients in a variety of industries including natural resources, renewable energy, clean technology and transportation. Recent transactions in which Alex has been involved include:
- Acting on behalf of The University of Toronto in connection with its $200 million debenture offering
- Acting on behalf of Lake Shore Gold Corp. in connection with its $103.5 million debenture offering
- Acting on behalf of Sprott Power Corp. in connection with its $34.5 million debenture offering
- Acting on behalf of EcoSynthetix Inc. in connection with its $100 million initial public offering
- Acting on behalf of Contrans Corp. in connection with its $50 million bought deal offering
In addition to her legal practice, Alex has delivered a number of presentations on securities law matters and has written and published articles on mergers and acquisitions and the Canadian income trust market. Alex has been a guest lecturer on income trusts at Osgoode Hall Law School – LL.M. Program (Securities).
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Conferences, Speaking Engagements, Events