Alex Pizale practices in the area of corporate and securities law with a focus on corporate finance and merger and acquisition transactions. He has acted as counsel to clients at all stages, from start-ups to large cap public companies and investment banks in a wide range of transactions, including business combinations, take-over bids, public offerings, private placements, metal streaming transactions and stock exchange listings. He also has extensive experience advising on continuous disclosure, mining related disclosure, compensation plans, corporate governance and stock exchange related matters.
Select merger and acquisition transactions include:
- Representing FNX Mining Company Inc. in its $3.5 billion merger with Quadra Mining Ltd.
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its acquisition of the Candelaria Mining complex for US$1.8 billion
- Representing Hecla Mining Company in its acquisition of Aurizon Mines Ltd. valued at $796 Million
- Representing Lake Shore Gold Corp. in its $310 million merger with West Timmins Mining Inc.
- Representing Newmarket Gold Inc. in its $185 million plan of arrangement with Crocodile Gold Corp.
- Representing Xinergy Corp. in its $175 million business combination agreement with Greenwich Global Capital Inc.
- Representing Allana Potash Corp. in its $160 million plan of arrangement with Israel Chemicals Ltd.
- Representing a private company in an acquisition by an AIM listed company
Select corporate finance transactions include:
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its $674 million bought deal of subscription receipts
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters in Quadra Mining Ltd.'s $175 million bought deal financing
- Acting for a syndicate of underwriters in Central Fund's US$128.5 million public offering
- Representing Allied Nevada Gold Corp. in its $100 million cross-border public offering
- Representing Xinergy Corp. in its private placement of US$75 million 9.75% senior secured notes
- Representing syndicate of underwriters in $60 million bought deal secondary offering of North American Energy Partners Inc.
- Acting for Newmarket Gold Inc. in its $25 million private placement of subscription receipts
- Acting for Cowen and Company, LLC in its sales agreement for an at-the-market offering with Endeavour Silver Corp.
Select metal streaming transactions include:
- Representing Lundin Mining Corporation in its $648 million gold and silver stream transaction with Franco-Nevada Corporation
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. with respect to its metal purchase agreements with Sandstorm Gold Ltd. providing for an advance payment of $148 million
- Acting for Yamana Gold Inc. with respect to its copper purchase agreements with Altius Minerals Corporation providing for an advance payment of $60 million
Select other transactions include:
- Representing Castle Mountain Mining Company in its qualifying transaction with Telegraph Gold Inc.
- Representing a private company in its dissolution and distribution of all its assets
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles