Adrianna Pilkington is a partner in our Municipal, Planning and Environmental Law Group. Her practice encompasses all aspects of municipal, land use planning and environmental law.
Adrianna acts for both developers and municipalities as well as other public agencies and institutions such as Infrastructure Ontario and the University of Toronto. Her experience includes:
- Advising on and negotiating municipal development agreements, development approvals, and site permits, including with respect to the redevelopment of contaminated lands
- Advising on environmental approvals and instruments, environmental assessment requirements, environmental due diligence, and environmental compliance
- Providing expropriation advice to both land owners and expropriating authorities
- Providing advice on access to information, procurement, green energy, survey and boundary issues, administrative law, development charges, and constitutional issues
- Representing public and private sector clients before the Ontario Municipal Board
- Conducting prosecutions on behalf of municipal clients related to contraventions of the Building Code Act, 1992, the Planning Act, the Fire Protection and Prevention Act, 1997, and municipal by-laws
- Acting as defence counsel for corporate clients with respect to provincial offences charges
- Representing clients on property tax assessment appeals before the Assessment Review Board and the courts
Prior to her call to the bar, Adrianna summered and articled with the Ontario Ministry of the Environment, where she assisted counsel on matters before the Environmental Review Tribunal, represented the Crown in prosecutions under environmental statutes and reviewed environmental penalty orders and regulation amendments.
While in law school Adrianna interned at the City of Ottawa and the Environmental Law and Policy Clinic. She was also a legal researcher with Pro Bono Students Canada, conducting legal research in the areas of community development and environmental regulation.
- BILD (Building Industry and Land Development Association)
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
- Ontario Expropriation Association
- Urban Land Institute