Adria Leung Lim is an associate in the Securities Group. Her practice focuses on executing corporate finance and mergers and acquisitions transactions for both public and private issuers and investment dealers. She also advises on general securities compliance matters such as corporate governance, continuous disclosure and other regulatory issues.
Some of Adria’s representative work includes acting for:
- EcoSynthetix Inc. in its $100 million initial public offering
- Volta Resources Inc. in its private placement of special warrants for aggregate gross proceeds of $40 million
- The underwriting syndicate in Sarama Resources Ltd.’s $16.7 million initial public offering
- Auryx Gold Corp. in its business combination with B2Gold Corp.
- Socius Capital Group, LLC in its $150 million private placement with Xcite Energy Limited
- Southern Andes Energy Inc. in its merger with Macusani Yellowcake Inc.
- Starlight Investments Ltd. in its $2.3 billion acquisition of Transglobe Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust
- Wand Capital Corporation’s initial public offering and qualifying transaction through a plan of arrangement with True North Apartment Real Estate Investment Trust
- New Gold Inc. in its $500 million private offering of senior notes
- Tanq Capital Corporation’s initial public offering and qualifying transaction through a plan of arrangement with True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust
- Sandstorm Gold Ltd. in its acquisition of $70.7 million worth of common shares and warrants of Premier Royalty Inc. and execution of a $55 million comprehensive financing package with Entree Gold Inc.
- True North Commercial Real Estate Investment Trust in its $55.7 million bought deal offering of trust units
- Colossus Minerals Inc. in its June 2013 $28.7 million bought deal offering of common shares, and its August 2013 $37.9 million public offering of units consisting of common shares and warrants
Adria is an active volunteer in the community and has volunteered for organizations such as Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers & Big Sisters, and the YMCA. Prior to attending law school, Adria completed her undergraduate degree in business, majoring in finance and accounting, and gained experience working at a large financial institution and Big Four accounting firm.
Adria is conversant in Cantonese.
- Canadian Bar Association
- Ontario Bar Association
|Publications, Newsletters and Articles
|PRO BONO/COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT
- Active volunteer, including previously with Habitat for Humanity, Big Brothers & Big Sisters and the YMCA