Senior Transactions Law Clerk
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently seeking a highly motivated senior transactions law clerk to support the firm’s financial services practice group with specific focus on commercial lending transactions. This position will report to the National Manager – Business Law, Paralegals and Law Clerks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Drafting documentation for secured and unsecured lending transactions.
- Coordinating closing documentation and deliverables for lending transactions, together with related filings.
- Supervising the firm’s Personal Property Security Act (Ontario) registration process.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 10+ years of experience as a Law Clerk in a large law firm setting with expertise in commercial lending.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the Personal Property Security Act (Ontario) and extensive experience making related registrations and amendments.
- Law clerk or paralegal certificate from an accredited institute.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a busy environment.
- Strong drafting and proofreading skills along with excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to review, analyze and make recommendations concerning file details.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
- Our ideal candidate is proactive, creative and always exploring ways to improve efficiencies and meet the needs of clients, while maintaining professionalism at all times.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.