Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Calgary office is currently recruiting for a Receptionist. The primary responsibility of the role is to provide optimal delivery of services in a professional and efficient manner that supports both the visitors and internal clients’ experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Greeting and announcing visitor arrivals and maintaining a visitor log.
- Operating a single position phone system; handling all types of incoming calls, transferring callers to the appropriate person and providing information while maintaining firm confidentiality.
- Perform opening and closing duties of the Reception area, Monday to Friday.
- Providing back-up telephone support to the Toronto and Vancouver Reception desks as required.
- Maintaining the reception area in a presentable and tidy condition at all times.
- Overseeing the maintenance of plants and/or flower arrangements in the reception area.
- Adhering to and enforcing security protocols to ensure all incidents are responded to appropriately and promptly.
- Notifying the Office Administrator of visiting lawyers from the Toronto and Vancouver offices.
- Issuing, tracking and maintaining premise access cards for all new and departing lawyers/employees, approving visitors and vendors.
- Liaising with Property Management in keeping records current.
- Monitoring the online meeting room schedule to ensure all functional requirements are planned and resourced in advance.
- Setting up audio-visual equipment, assisting with video and telephone conferences calls connections and presentation
- Trouble-shooting technical issues working with the Firm’s IT Help Desk support team.
- Maintaining AV equipment in a ready state and conducting routine maintenance checks.
- Ensuring meeting rooms are set-up and re-set, which can involve, but is not limited to, furniture configurations, AV equipment, catering and supplies.
- Ensuring meeting rooms are clean and in a ready condition at all times.
- Ordering catering services for meetings and liaising with meeting coordinator on menu selection and pricing.
- Monitoring par stock levels, rotating and controlling inventories, placing orders for perishable/non-perishable supplies.
Mail and Courier Services
- Sending, receiving, sorting and distributing mail, couriers and faxes both internally and externally.
- Tracking courier packages and trouble shoot exceptions.
- Maintaining postage equipment and supplies.
Other Duties as Assigned
- Supporting the Office Administrator and Director of Office Services with duties assigned.
- Assisting lawyers, legal Assistants and paralegals as required and time permitting.
- Being a participant on the Emergency Response Team.
- Overtime may be required for special events or meetings.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Education or equivalent experience.
- 2-5 years of office or customer front-facing experience.
- Exceptional customer service skills and telephone manners.
- Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Effective time management and organizational skills with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Capable of taking initiative and working both independently while being a team player.
- Previous experience in a law firm or in a corporate environment is an asset.
- Proficient in MS Outlook Suite.
- General technical knowledge to operate AV equipment an asset, but not required.
- Ability to lift 30 lbs and operate dollies/flat beds.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: 416 644 9373
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.