Paralegal - Business Law
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Calgary office is currently seeking a junior paralegal to work within our firm’s business law group. The ideal candidate will be a friendly, knowledgeable, and eager professional who possesses great customer service skills and a strong work ethic. This position will report to the National Manager – Business Law, Paralegals and Law Clerks.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Maintaining corporate minute books.
- Preparing and filing annual returns and consent resolutions for Alberta corporations.
- Facilitating the filing of extra-provincial annual returns.
- Preparing and filing director and officer changes.
- Conducting due diligence searches and reporting.
- Preparing and filing changes to registered office addresses for Alberta corporations and changes of attorney for service for Alberta extra-provincial corporations.
- Providing general assistance, as required.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm.
- Paralegal diploma or university degree required.
- CORES Level I required. Additional levels considered an asset.
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office.
- Previous experience with ALF will be considered an asset.
- Ability to organize and prioritize workload in a busy environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills.
- Confident and dependable, with strong initiative and ability to work both independently and in a team oriented atmosphere.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.