Manager of Applications - Information Technology
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Manager of Applications in our IT department. This role will report directly to the Chief Information Officer of the firm. The successful candidate must have experience managing technical teams and software implementation projects, coordinating all phases of needs analysis, selection, planning, implementation, testing and maintaining of various integrated software systems, and managing outside vendors to develop and implement solutions.
This working position will manage a small team of Applications Analysts and Database Administrators, while having overall responsibility for managing the end-user solutions, as well as application management tools.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Ensuring the desktop and applications are properly maintained and upgraded to meet the business requirements of the Firm.
- Providing and reviewing applications architecture design and configuration to provide optimal performance and administration to ensure they meet the needs of the business and follow the vendor’s best practice recommendations.
- Effectively managing a team to ensure timely delivery of projects and solutions.
- Maintaining the desktop environment, image and integration of related components by establishing procedures and schedules for updates and maintenance processes.
- Monitoring the overall release schedule to ensure on a timely review of software updates.
- Participating in cross-functional teams to review application modifications and implementation of new product features based upon customer requirements and Firm strategy.
- Participating in user acceptance testing to ensure the delivered product meets the required functionality, user interface, and performance requirements.
- Promoting the adoption of new application features by conducting demonstrations and producing material such as, tutorials, release notes, help guides, and FAQ’s.
- Liaising with the Manager of Customer Service to ensure both teams collaborate to resolve issues and identify improvements.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Degree in computer technology or related experience.
- Experience managing customized MS Office solutions integrated with a document management system. Familiarity with network communications and local area networking.
- Experience and detailed understanding of the networking technologies that house various applications environments including: SAN storage systems, SQL databases, VMware, backup systems, etc.
- Experience with routing, desktop support and servers.
- Experience with Active Directory (AD), Server 2008/2012/2016 and Windows 7/10 and SharePoint.
- Demonstrated ability to lead, supervise, and motivate people.
- Models and cultivates behaviors that achieve business success, including collaboration, positivity, a “can-do” attitude, accountability, and ownership.
- Achieves service commitments, including sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely execution of service deliverables.
- Operates to high standards and develops new ideas for improving organizational performance.
- Must be a team player and work well with others.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience delivering solutions in a professional services environment is an asset.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send your resume in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.