Legal Assistant Document Specialist - Evenings
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Legal Assistant Document Specialist in our Document Production Centre, reporting to the HR Manager, Legal Assistants. The individual will be required to work weekday evenings providing a variety of routine legal and administrative duties.
The hours of work for this role will be 4:00 p.m. – 12:00 a.m., Monday to Thursday.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Transcribing documents including letters, memos and correspondence or copy-typing handwritten notes.
- Drafting and preparing correspondence for professionals using precedents.
- Revising documents as per professionals' mark-ups.
- Applying proofreading and editing skills to documents and correspondence.
- Photocopying, faxing and scanning documents and correspondence.
- Converting documents from various versions to Word using styles and cross-references.
- Scanning closing book documents to PDF and creating electronic version.
- Printing and sorting documents.
- Providing support to lawyers, articling students, law clerks and staff as required and requested.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- College Diploma in Legal Administration.
- A minimum of 5 years legal assistant experience in a similar environment.
- Proficient in MS Office 2007.
- Advanced keyboarding and computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint, Visio, Adobe Professional, Internet applications and digital dictation software.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills as well as above average attention to detail.
- Ability to work under pressure, be flexible and adapt to changing situations easily.
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills as well as customer-service oriented.
- Highly organized and has pride in the final work product.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision, as well as part of a team.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: 416 644 9373
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.