Help Desk Specialist
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Help Desk Specialist in our Information Technology department (IT), reporting to the Manager of Customer Service, IT. This role has firm-wide responsibility for providing support to the Firm’s lawyers and staff in their use of the Firm’s technology and applications.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
End-User and Application Support Duties:
- Investigating and resolving service issues and requests reported by users via telephone, email and walk-ins.
- Providing support and resolving issues with the MS Office suite of applications, including MS Word and Outlook add-ins.
- Recording and updating tickets in the ticketing system.
- Documenting and escalating more complex technical issues to second level teams.
- Contributing to the departmental knowledgebase.
- Working with vendors in order to resolve hardware/software issues.
- Ensuring that the technical needs of the end-users are addressed in a timely manner.
- Providing boardroom assistance with projector and video conferencing when required.
- Configuring and supporting the Firm’s computers, monitors, printers, telephones, and mobile devices.
- Deploying, relocating, and disposing of hardware as required.
- Responsibility for imaging computers using SCCM.
- Coordinating hardware repairs with service partners.
- Maintaining the hardware inventory.
Audio Visual and Boardroom Configurations:
- Perform daily audio visual and boardroom configurations per client requests.
- Consult on boardroom technology needed for temporary boardroom set ups.
- Oversee on-site vendors for special set up requests as required.
- Daily morning check on boardroom space to ensure reset to firm standards.
- Restocking of supplies in accordance with par levels as set by firm standards.
- Perform weekly boardroom inspections in accordance with the maintenance program schedule and ensure boardrooms are maintained according to firm standards.
- Provide ideas and recommendations for better use of current equipment and space.
- Complete basic repairs and diagnosis of any audio visual equipment malfunctions.
Service Improvements and Other Responsibilities:
- Participating in projects/initiatives with the Toronto IT team, as assigned.
- Participating in user acceptance testing to ensure the delivered product meets the required functionality and performance requirements.
- Liaising with IT and user community to resolve issues and to identify improvements.
- Participating in testing for various IT systems during network maintenance after hours and/or over the weekends.
- Co-ordinating power down/up of IT equipment during scheduled building power shut downs.
- Being the local point of contact and coordinating repairs, maintenance and installs for IT infrastructure equipment and technology.
- Other duties and responsibilities as they may be assigned.
On-Call Support Duties:
- Investigating and resolving remote access issues, mobile device issues and other service issues reported by users outside of business hours.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- 3 years or more experience supporting users and applications.
- College Diploma in IT discipline and related work experience.
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Office Suite and Document Management Systems.
- Experience with various legal applications would be an asset.
- Experience with remote access technology including VPN, Citrix XenApp, RSA SecurID.
- Experience with Active Directory and Microsoft Exchange administration.
- Experience with software and application deployment tools like Microsoft SCCM.
- Experience with troubleshooting and resolving hardware/software issues.
- Experience with configuring, troubleshooting and resolving issues with mobile devices.
- Able to create technical documentation for users and for IT.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills to meet tight deadlines.
- Professional, polished and tactful manner, works well with others in a collaborative style and capable of working independently.
- Excellent interpersonal, and relationship-building skills needed to form and maintain effective working relationships with people at all levels within the firm.
- Excellent customer services skills to understand the requirement and the need of the users utilizing oral and written communications skills as well as effective listening skills.
- Able to model and cultivate behaviours that achieve business success, including collaboration, accountability, and ownership.
- Able to achieve service commitments, including sustainable, measurable, accurate, reliable, and timely execution of service deliverables.
- Operates to high standards and develop new ideas for improving organizational performance.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: 416 644 9373
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.