Business Development Specialist
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for a Business Development Specialist in our Business Development and Marketing Department, reporting to the Manager, Business Development. This role assists in the development and implementation of strategies and marketing plans aimed at developing new business with existing and prospective clients, with a particular focus on supporting the pitch and proposal process. It will include working with various internal industry and practice teams and members of the Business Development and Marketing Department to support a wide array of business development activities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Assisting in the development and oversight of selected practice and industry group business plans, identifying opportunities to further raise the firm or practice group’s profile. Serve as point of contact for providing marketing and business development support for these groups.
- Drafting content for and coordinating responses to selected formal and ad hoc proposal/pitch opportunities.
- Drafting and assisting in finalizing submissions to directories and ranking organizations for selected practice areas.
- Supporting individual lawyers, particularly associates, in their business development and marketing efforts including thought leadership, client-focused education, networking opportunities, sales pitches and proposals.
- Conducting research on existing and potential clients, competitor activity and market/industry trends to aid in creating a business plan.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Three (3) + years of progressive marketing or business development experience, preferably in a law firm or other professional services environment.
- Exceptional writing skills, with the ability to understand legal topics and write targeted internal and external communications with minimal oversight.
- Experience with content development for proposals, marketing materials and other external client-facing communications.
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in communications, business or journalism.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, able to follow instructions from a diverse group of lawyers and staff, and provide information with professional courtesy and tact.
- Proactive self-starter and strategic thinker who can take ownership of their responsibilities and see them through with minimal oversight.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: (416) 604-3113
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.