Accounts Payable Clerk
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP is a leading national law firm focused on serving the transaction, advocacy and advisory needs of Canada’s most dynamic business sectors. We have one of the largest business law practices in the country, serving multinational, national and mid-market clients from our offices in Toronto, Vancouver and Calgary.
Our Toronto office is currently recruiting for an Accounts Payable Clerk, in our Accounting Department reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor. This position will be responsible for various accounting processes related to accounts payable and expense reports and supporting the Accounts Payable group.
The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to:
- Daily Coding of expense reports and posting into Elite.
- Executing payments bi-monthly.
- Obtaining signatures for payments and distributing.
- Accounts Payable vendor invoice processing.
- Maintaining of filing system relating to tasks.
- Managing accounts payable wires.
- Providing supporting documentation as needed.
- Preparing adjusting entries as needed.
- Managing the charitable donation binder and updating the charitable report.
- Attending to Month End Parameter setting.
- Other duties, as assigned.
The successful candidate must have the following education, experience and/or demonstrated skills:
- Post Secondary Education in an Accounting Program.
- Proficient knowledge of accounting practices and principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office with advanced Excel skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong problem solving and decision making skills.
- Detail oriented.
- Strong communication skills, courteous, professional.
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
Please respond, in confidence to:
Human Resources Recruiter
Cassels Brock & Blackwell LLP
Fax: (416) 815-4361
The Firm is committed to fair and accessible employment practices and has created policies and procedures to meet the requirements under the Accessibility of Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005.
Our Firm’s success is built on the unique skills, perspectives, experiences and values of each individual. We encourage a corporate culture that respects and celebrates the dignity, value and diversity of all.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. No telephone enquiries, unless required for accommodation purposes.